Saturday, June 15, 2013

Henrietta Lacks




    Hello everyone, I am very excited to tell you about what I learned in my Henrietta Lacks book today, and in my first blog post, Ill give you a little background information about her. Henrietta Lacks was an African American who helped scientists find several cures for diseases. How she did this? Well, without asking, doctors took Henrietta's  cancer cells and used them to find treatments for cancer. No one knows exactly why, but Henrietta later died because of the loss of those cells. Without Henrietta's sacrifice, many people today wouldn't be here.

1 comment:

  1. Wow really?! That is so interesting. I can't wait to hear more as you travel through the book! Your such a smart young man. Congratulations on your new beginning in high school!

    ReplyDelete